Monday, April 13, 2009

Conference in Japan



At the end of May, I'll be traveling to Kobe, Japan, to present with Dr. Ulrich Lanius, my colleague in Vancouver, B.C. He and I wrote a chapter that just came out last month in the book by Robin Shapiro, MSW, LCSW, called EMDR Solutions II: For Depression, Eating Disorders, Performance, and More.

First I'll present a half day during their regular conference on assessing for dissociation. He'll present on the neurobiology of dissociation, as it relates to the body. Then, at the post-conference advanced trainings, he'll present a day on somatic therapies that help to embody the self, and I'll present a day on a phased approach to treating dissociation using ego state therapy. It will culminate in how to modify the EMDR protocol to treat dissociation. We are honored to be able to present this information which will be helpful in the healing of many people in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment