Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Play Circuit

I'm tremendously excited about the possibilities of evoking the PLAY circuit of the brain (Panksepp, 2004) to evoke novel associations, enhance social relationships, and thereby shift people out of wagon rutted roads of habit. Tickling, joking, playing, rough and tumble repartee, is the very stuff of connectedness and ideas.

On my website www.bainbridgepsychology.com, there is a link to my YouTube channel. Click on playlists and Neuroscience, and I'm collecting videos about play in various species, including our own. Check out the brave puppy and the slow loris. But start with the Rat Tickler and the Polar Bear and Husky. Not to be missed!

And then go play with someone you love!

PS. I've also started a collection of videos of songs that capture adult attachment styles and what they evoke in relationship. Have some fun by seeing reading the introductory paragraph for the playlist about some of the attachment styles, and then see what style YOU think each song represents. Let me know if you have ideas of other songs to add to the collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment